Jetlag : medically referred to as desynchronosis, is a physiological condition which results from alterations to the body's circadian rhythms; it is classified as one of the circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Jet lag results from rapid long-distance transmeridian (east–west or west–east) travel, as on a jet plane.
-source : wikipedia-
|Different time zone..|
Avoiding jet lag
To avoid jet lag disturbing the first few days of your holiday as your body acclimatises to a new time zone, you may need need to think ahead and synchronise your body clock before you travel.
If you're travelling east, try going to bed earlier for a couple of nights. If you're travelling west, go to bed later.
The following suggestions can also help to reduce the effects of jet lag.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after the flight to avoid dehydration.
- Don't drink lots of alcohol or take unnecessary medication while in flight. For muslim, don't ever drink alcohol at all!
- Sleep well before the flight and during long journeys if you can.
- If you're travelling west over four or more time zones (to New York, for example) make sure you get bright natural light in the early evening. This will help you to adapt to the new time.
- If you're going east back to the UK, try to return at around midday to get the brightest light of the day. Wear eyeshades on the plane and try to stay in the dark and quiet.
- Exercise while on the plane. Don't just walk around the cabin - stretch in your chair as well. This will help your blood circulation and reduce swelling of the feet and legs.
- A short episode of moderately intense exercise may help reset your body clock after arrival.
- Try to fit in with the daily routine and activities of the new time zone as soon as possible – eat when they eat and sleep (or at least rest) when they sleep.
-source BBC Health, last review by Dr. Trisha Macnair on May 2010-
What I usually do, from what I've seen on TV program about jetlag is ;
1. drink lots of water.
2. sleep at local time when you arrive -kena tahan mata la kalau flight sampai pagi hari.
3. avoid eating too much food.
I have read about Light Therapy for jetlag. There is a TV program about this light therapy use for getting fresh in the morning especially to those who go to work early in the morning like tv presenter & so on..
|Light Therapy. credit to WebMD|
happy reading :)