Sunday, 5 July 2015
AirAsia launches Airbus Smarter Fleet Electronic Flight Folder (eFF)
1. Airbus help AirAsia in Smarter Fleet Electronic Flight Folder (eFF).
2. eFF is a comprehensive software application that allows pilots to access their briefing package on-board the aircraft, or from home, the hotel, or the crew briefing room. The software also offers enhanced capabilities to manage electronic forms such as the post flight journey log and air safety reports. It is interconnected with the airline environment delivering briefing packages and automatically archiving data.
3. “At AirAsia we place great importance in making sure that our crew are equipped with the latest applications and an optimised working environment,” said Tony Fernandes, Group CEO of AirAsia. “With the latest solutions being offered by Airbus, we can reduce paper in the cockpit, enhance overall efficiency and ensure that we maintain the very highest standards of safety and operational excellence.”
4. “We are pleased to launch our latest innovation with AirAsia,” said Didier Lux, Head of Customer Services, Airbus. “As one of our largest customers, AirAsia continuously demonstrates its commitment to ensure the most efficient and reliable flight operations. Today the airline once again leads the way in working towards a truly Smarter Fleet.”
5. The new eFF application can be combined with a whole suite of Smarter Fleet solutions to optimize end-to-end operations. For instance, with the Maintenance Mobility module, maintenance personnel will be provided with timely information including documentation, work packages, and critical aircraft technical data, harnessing the benefits of mobile technology.
The AirAsia Group is one of Airbus’ largest customers worldwide and has now placed orders for a total of 571 Aircraft. These include 475 A320 Family aircraft for the pan-Asian short haul fleet, plus 96 widebodies (86 A330s and 10 A350 XWBs) for operation by long haul affiliate AirAsia X.
Source : http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/airasia-launches-airbus-smarter-fleet-electronic-flight-folder-1/